It took time (although not as long as I thought) and perseverance (although not as much as I thought, except the part where I made a mistake and had to unravel 20 rows!) but the dress is finally done! I didn’t put on the collar as I felt it was too fussy and with the yarn I had used I thought I would have great difficulty getting it over my head. I did some rather extensive blocking to stretch the dress into an appropriate size and I still think it is more of a tunic (clearly I am not as bold as a girl from the 60s!)
I think it has come out rather well! It certainly preserves the 60s/70s aesthetic and the colour is bang on trend both for the SS13 and AW13 collections on the catwalk.